Will You?

Moment of life

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Workers vs Fields.

Matthew 9: 37 - 38

"He said to His disciples, "The harvest is great, but the workers are few. So pray to the Lord who is in charge of the harvest; ask him to send more workers into His fields."

Have you ever wonder about this verse? I never really think about it deeply until today when I joined church Christmas Carol.

I've been wondering is this true? Is the field is too big that workers are lesser? Probably at Jesus time, it is so, but look around you now, observe it. In the past, Jesus says this because many has not known the TRUTH, but now, I do not know the exact statistic of how many has not know the truth, but I'll assume 95% has known it and at least hear it before.

Therefore, how can we understands from this truth of this words in our generation? I feel it's simply human being (imperfection). Commitment is truely a big issue now. People want to do what they want to do only and wouldn't care to bother other things and not do it. All they do is "I want to do my stuff (I'm Busy technically)" and they complain about other people doing other things, helping out one another and doing what that guy supposed to do. Christian workers are not few nowadays, there are a lot a lot a lot! Imagine in Malaysia, how many churches are there in Malaysia? 1 mega church can fit thousands of people! Are there really few workers?

How about the field? I couldn't measure exactly how big or small is there now. I'm no God. But based on my own observation, in the past, fields are way bigger than now. Don't you think so?

Therefore, commitment is an utmost important in life. No work can be done through a non commitment actions. Be strong! Courage! Do not let nonsense emotions hold you down from committing yourself to the Lord. It's time to realize that what you have said, have declare, have sung, unto the Lord Your God has to be in your heart and not your head and to put it into practice.

Even when I say this, I find it so hard to do it. Do not know where to starts. Then a verse comes to me,
Matthew 6 : 34 : Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.. "

I'm putting myself into this Commitment and learning from His word day by day to build a solid foundation on a solid Rock. How about you? If I fail, help me out and do not condemn me. Let's love each other.

Mercy and Grace will follow us all the way of our life. That's His promise.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKkDzII4s4s
God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment