Will You?

Moment of life

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Ask Yourself.

I'm here not to condemn you because it does applies to myself. As I blot this out, I myself has been reflecting about incidents and situation that has occur to me but by pass by me.

When I read Philip Yancey's book on Finding God in Unexpected Place, one sentence of word strikes me, "Where is the church when it hurts?" - this question comes out from him when the 9/11 terrorism happens because people in large are asking "Where is God when it hurts?".

It's so sad that nowadays Christian themselves want to find comfort in church, want the church to meet their needs and wants (like a consumer in market place), mixing their beliefs with God's beliefs in how church should run and how Christian should act upon. Christian themselves can't find peace in God but in human, can't find comfort in God but in human, can't find security in God but in the world (not pointing at anyone but in general, my point of view).

If Christians are acting like this, how can a church(not building but people of God) work in times like this (9/11) or Bersih? God can review Himself anytime He wants to the people, but He also will review through you and me. But the problem is how can He review to the people through us if we are acting like selfless fool who only wants to be among ourselves? How much do you want to deny yourself and say we are still lacking of training? Isn't the place at work is a training to you already?

When I reflect on all this, it strikes myself as a Christian on what have we become in this world, and what about God's ultimate commandment and commission for us? I'm deeply trouble by it and may the Spirit leads me to teach me more and act upon learning all of this.

It's definitely a challenge to me to be observant enough to see God works in many places in order to react directly to the mission that Jesus has set for us in this world.

You don't need to have any talents or gifts, what you need is just commitment as people of Christ.

http://lightmyfart.blogspot.com/2011/11/superpowers.html Hope this link helps you too! :)

I hope it does the same to you in challenging you.

May the Lord leads.

No comments:

Post a Comment